Abstract
ASSESSMENT OF NUTRITIONAL STATUS AND PREVALENCE OF MALNUTRITION AMONG 3-5 YEAR CHILDREN IN SHOLAYOOR TRIBAL REGION

Sunil Kumar C.* and Krishnaprabha V.

ABSTRACT

Malnutrition among under five year children is a major public health problem in India. Acute childhood malnutrition affects about a tenth of the world’s children under 5 years of age, particularly those living in circumstances of extreme poverty in the developing world. This study was conducted to assess the prevalence rate of malnutrition among 3-5 years children in sholayoor tribal region of Kerala. Nutritional status was assessed using Anthropometric, Biochemical, Clinical and Dietary assessment. The dietary assessment of these children was poor when compared with Recommended Dietary Allowance and this can be achieved by changing their dietary habits. By the results of survey 2.4 per cent were found with Severe Acute Malnutrition, 21 per cent were found with Moderate Acute Malnutrition, totally 23.4 percent subjects were found with global Acute Malnutrition and 76.6 Per cent subjects were normal. 46.6 per cent were found to be normal in haemoglobin level, 34 per cent were found mild anaemic, 16.7 per cent were found to be moderate anaemic, 2.7 per cent were severely anaemic. To reduce the prevalence rates of malnutrition, Nutrition supplementation should be given to the children and nutrition education has to be given to the mothers.

Keywords: Malnutrition, Prevalence, Anaemic, Under five children.


[Full Text Article]

Login





Forgot Password  |  Register

Indexing

Best Paper Awards

European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (EJBPS) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.

Best Article of current issue :

Tangudu Nagabhusana Rao

Download Article : Click here

News & Updation

  • EJBPS NEW ISSUE PUBLISHED

    Its Our pleasure to inform you that, EJBPS November 2017 Issue has been Published, Kindly check it on http://www.ejbps.com/ejbps/current_issues

  • NOVEMBER ISSUE PUBLISHED

    NOVEMBER 2017 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 November 2017

  • Index Copernicus Value

    EJBPS Received Index Copernicus Value 45.77, due to High Quality Publication in EJBPS at International Level

  • EJBPS New Impact Factor

    Its our Pleasure to Inform you that EJBPS Impact Factor has been increased from 3.881 to 4.382 due to high quality Publication at International Level.

  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.

    .

  • Article Invited for Publication

    Dear Researcher, Article Invited for Publication  in EJBPS coming Issue.

     

UG/PG/Ph.D Research Publication

Research Scholar of UG/PG/Ph.D can Submit their Research Article/Review Article/Case Study/Short Communication for Publication in EJBPS

Downloads

Copyright From

Covering Letter

                        Author Instruction 
 

PLAGERLUM REPORT