Abstract
PATIENTS PERCEPTIONS ON PROMPTNESS OF SERVICES AT TERTIARY CARE CENTRE CASUALTY AT NILOUFER HOSPITAL, HYDERABAD, INDIA

Dr. Syed Arif Pasha*, Dr. Muneebjehan, Dr. Fahad Albejaidi, Dr. K. S. Nair and Dr. K. Chandra Sekhar

ABSTRACT

Background: Generally Tertiary Care Centres are usually located in cities and functioning with many health care professionals to cater good quality of services to the needy people who are contacting as the first level contact in emergency situations are usually comes to the casualty or emergency department. Niloufer hospital is state apex institute for mothers and children care always busy in providing health care services needy people of the society. Objectives: To find the Patients Perceptions on Promptness of services to the patients who comes to the casualty and also some demographic associations with time delay. Methodology: This was a hospital based cross-sectional study was conducted at Niloufer Hospital among different patients who attended the emergency department to take necessary health care during the period from March 2017 to August 2017. During the study period we interviewed 186 child patients attendees (mothers & fathers) and collected information from them. Importance of the study was explained to the participants and informed consent was taken from the patient attendants as the child is minor. Predesigned and pretested study questionnaire was filled and observations were recorded. After completion of the data collection from the patients, data was entered in MS excel and analysed using necessary statistical tests like simple proportions and chi square tests were applied. Results: In the study participants, 51% were males and 49% were females. Out of 186 study participants, 76.3% (142/186) patient mothers were literates and 23.7% (44/186) were illiterates. About 135/186 individuals were receiving the treatment and care immediately or less than a minute time, 21 were getting within 2-5 minutes time, 17 were getting 5-10 minutes time and lastly 13 were getting treatment and health care service after 10 minutes time. In the study population, about 24.1% were participants were giving opinion on doctors as strongly agree and 48.9% were giving agree opinion and altogether 73% were accepting as good services. Conclusions: Based on the study results, literacy rate among children mothers was good and there was no much delay in catering services including treatment by the doctors and patient care takers response towards perception about housekeeping department services was altogether only 60.7% were accepting as good service.

Keywords: Age, sex, health care providers, perceptions, time delay.


[Full Text Article]

Login





Forgot Password  |  Register

Indexing

Best Paper Awards

European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (EJBPS) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.

Best Article of current issue :

Tangudu Nagabhusana Rao

Download Article : Click here

News & Updation

  • AUGUST ISSUE PUBLISHED

    AUGUST 2018 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 August 2018

  • EJBPS New Impact Factor

    Its our Pleasure to Inform you that EJBPS Impact Factor has been increased from 4.382 to 4.918 due to high quality Publication at International Level.

  • Index Copernicus Value

    EJBPS Received Index Copernicus Value 77.3, due to High Quality Publication in EJBPS at International Level

  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.

    .

  • Article Invited for Publication

    Dear Researcher, Article Invited for Publication  in EJBPS coming Issue.

     

UG/PG/Ph.D Research Publication

Research Scholar of UG/PG/Ph.D can Submit their Research Article/Review Article/Case Study/Short Communication for Publication in EJBPS

Downloads

Copyright From

Covering Letter

                        Author Instruction 
 

PLAGERLUM REPORT